Situated close to the River Thames and a stone’s throw from Central London, Hammersmith is a hub of culture and entertainment. Whether it’s live music, great pubs or engaging theatre, there is always plenty to do. With so much to offer, it’s perfect for young professionals, commuters and families alike and a very desirable area to be in. Read our Hammersmith area guide below.
Shopping, Food and Drink
- If you’re a wine connoisseur, look no further than The Dartmouth Castle for their fine selection.
- For beer drinkers, you can’t get much better than The Swan, or The Salutation‘s beer garden.
- Hammersmith Broadway hosts an impressive array of high street shops and eateries.
- Hammersmith Apollo hosts many world famous bands throughout the year and is an excellent live music venue. Artists coming soon to the Apollo include Harry Styles, London Grammar and The National.
- The Lyric showcases bold and innovative theatre, with emerging young talent and ground breaking productions.
- Hammersmith truly comes alive as teams from Oxford and Cambridge compete in a boat race along the Thames. A great day out for all the family.
Hammersmith has a fine selection of schools that cater to children of all ages and abilities. Here are a couple of our favourites.
- Hammersmith Academy, which was recently rated Good by Ofsted, is a popular modern school for 11-18 year olds, with an emphasis on creative & digital media and IT.
- Brackenbury Primary School, rated Outstanding by Ofsted, is a primary school in Hammersmith that is well regarded in the local community.
Tube: Hammersmith has three tube stations in Barons Court (District & Piccadilly), Hammersmith (Hammersmith & City) and Hammersmith (District & Piccadilly). London Heathrow and Kings Cross St Pancras are just 30 and 29 minutes away respectively.
Bus: There are many buses that service Hammersmith, including the N97 to Trafalgar Square and the 211 to Waterloo Station.
Along with being so close to the Thames, Hammersmith also offers an impressive array of green spaces with St.Pauls Green, Bayonne Park and Frank Banfield Park all in close proximity. For a day out, be sure to visit Ravenscourt Park which features a paddling pool and kids’ beach in the summer.
Hammersmith is served by the London Borough of Hammersmith and Fulham.
We have a beautiful range of properties to choose from in Hammersmith.
1 bedroom – Westbourne Place, W9 – £598,000
This one bedroom penthouse boasts a luxury specification and is housed inside a redeveloped Victorian Grade II listed conversion.
2 bedroom – Queens Wharf, W6 – £1,150,000
This exceptionally well-designed and spacious two bedroom apartment will boast high specification interiors and a plethora of technological conveniences, such as an energy efficient downlights and cooling to the living area and bedroom.
3 bedroom – Queens Wharf, W6 – £1,150,000
Also in the Queens Wharf development, this exceptionally large apartment presents a fantastic opportunity for investment in the heart of Hammersmith. Configured to promote open plan living and a designer kitchen, with 24 hour concierge and a host of private amenities such as landscaped rooftop terrace and an independent theatre/cinema.