Attracting thousands of international visitors all through the year, Chertsey is a thriving area with plenty to do. Home to the world famous Thorpe Park and with plenty of great nature spots including close proximity to the Thames, it’s no wonder people are jumping at the chance to move here. The area is filled with many lovely pubs to sit out in the summer, cosy independent cafes for those cold winter days and a variety of interesting recreational facilities. Chertsey is also within easy reach of Kingston-Upon-Thames and Richmond, boasting high-end amenities and a plethora of shops, bars, cafes and restaurants.
Shopping, Food and Drink
- The Tudor Rooms has the distinction of being award a prestigious Michelin Star. It is a beautifully decorated dining room with the intimacy of only 24 covers. The service is attentive yet unobtrusive and the truly food speaks for itself.
- The Golden Grove is a warm, inviting pub with a friendly local atmosphere and real log fires, as well as a great kids play area.
- Nikki’s Coffee House is a unique cafe offering a mix of vintage and modern styling, as well as great food and coffee.
- Keep it simple with Joe’s Cafe, offering a much loved full English breakfast.
- The Two Rivers Shopping Centre is a short drive around the M25 and has a wide array of shops, from fantastic eateries to high street shops for all your shopping needs
- Open all year round and featuring some world class rides, Thorpe Park is one of the most beloved attractions in all of the UK. It features Stealth, which can be seen from miles around and is a singular rollercoaster experience.
- Chertsey Museum is not to be missed – a Grade II listed regency townhouse offering a fascinating look into the history of the local area, including the Olive Matthews Costume Collection.
- Black Cherry Fair Open Day is the annual town fair that celebrates the town’s history, with homemade cakes and tea on sale all day.
- Hire a day boat and sail along the Thames at Chertsey Meads Marine.
- Top Golf Surrey is located close by, a driving range that makes a great day out in the summer.
- Salesian School, a Catholic co-educational comprehensive school for children of all abilities from 11-18 years, is rated Outstanding by Ofsted.
- Chertsey High School, a Free School welcoming to students of all abilities and faiths.
Excellent road and rail connections mean short commutes to the capital, with the M25 sitting close-by and Chertsey National Rail station providing direct links to London Waterloo in around 30 minutes. In addition, Heathrow Airport is just 15 minutes away.
The local areas around Chertsey are award winning for their selection of quality green spaces. These include the beautiful St Ann’s Hill, as well as plenty of small rivers that are part of the River Thames. Chertsey Meads is the perfect spot for dog walkers and picnic lovers, with a modern children’s play area also.
Register your interest now in the new development opening in the local area, a selection of beautiful 1 & 2 bedroom apartments.